Sunday, December 14, 2008

Singapore Trip, Part 1


Last Wednesday, my sister and I went on a really cool trip to Singapore. And the best thing was, we had to find our uncle's house without really any help, except some instructions written by my mom on a piece of paper including my uncle's house address. So we set off on a bus to Larkin, Johor. It was a two hour journey that I wished I could fast forward like when you're watching a freakin' boring movie, example: Enchanted, Stardust,  and movies with "that" kind of themes. Well, thank God we arrived safely to the massively crowded and dirty Larkin bus station. The guys selling tickets there are really funny, first they look at you like you're their long, distant, forgotten cousin and then starts rapping, really fast like Eminem and Fiddy (Lima Puluh Sen) Cents. "JB-KL-JB-KL-JB-KL-JB-KL-JB-KL-JB-KL-JB-KL!!!" in one breath or "KLUANG-JB-KL-MELAKA-PENANG-KUANTAN-PERLIS-KEDAH-TERENGGANU-KELANTAN..." and the rap goes on and on and on. I really think Jay-Z or Snoop Dogg should seriously sign them up, it'll be a real good investment. Maybe in the next 10 years there'll be a headline on the newspapers saying "From Local Bus Ticket Seller to International Billionaire Rapper!" Cool, huh? Enough with the rapping stuff. Let's move on to the bus ride to Malaysian Customs. People literally ran out of the bus to go through the insanely poor-looking, dirty and dark Malaysia Custom compared to the extremely clean, modern and efficient Singapore Custom. In Malaysia, you just have to go pass the customs official with your passport (I doubt the guy even looks at it). Then you run back to the same bus at the end of the Customs to go across the bridge to SINGAPORE, WOOHOOO!!! After the bridge, you run, again, to the Singapore Customs, again, and run back to the bus, AGAIN. We stopped at the Kranji MRT to take a train to Choa Chu Kang Interchange. WAIT A MINUTE, what the hell am I telling you all this for? Let's skip to the cool stuff like

1. GOING TO ORCHARD ROAD

My aunt took me, my sisters, my cousins Enoch and Dorcas to the famous Orchard Road to see the awesome Christmas decorations there. And true enough, it was really cool and AWESOME and cool and AWESOME and cool and AWESOME and cool and AWESOME, am I irritating you enough?

2. VISITING THE SCIENCE CENTRE

The next day, me and my cousin Enoch went exploring the Singapore Science Centre. The place was really HUGE and if you're a Science lover, you'll love going to this place, dude!

The entrance of the Science Centre is a little weird looking, but once you step foot in the place, you'll be greeted by a gigantic dinosaur that looks like the Kevinnosaurus Rex that I drew (look for earlier posts) .

There were a few nice exhibits around like the electric chair that you can pay 1$ to get electrocuted. Crazy, right? Paying one buck to hurt yourself, I'd rather buy a McDonald vanilla ice-cream.

The TESLA COIL, just like the good ol' Red Alert 2 days, when you build them to send a billion jolts of electricity through your enemy soldiers' body. This time it's much, much more smaller and it can't really kill, sigh. Why can't they build a huge one to make me feel happy?

The next is the Magic exhibition. There was also a magic show that was so-so.

COOL, RIGHT? I think I just peed in my pants. By the way, this is my cousin Enoch.

We also went for a free Science show that taught us how science works in those so-called magic tricks and also taught us how to use them in our daily life.

Well, that's all for the first part. The next part's tomorrow if I even have the time with my sister wanting to grab the computer from me.

No comments: