Monday, December 22, 2008

TEEN ANGST.

Just recently, I've decided to immerse myself in some heavy metal/heavy rock/heavy alt rock music from SYSTEM OF A DOWN (example: CHOP SUUUUUEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!, BYOB, TOXCITY), MUSE (example: HYSTERIA, MAP OF THE PROBLEMATIQUE, cool songs from a cool band), 30 SECONDS TO MARS (THE KILL, FROM YESTERDAY, I've noticed that a lot of Malay girls love this band, is it because of Jared Leto and his band's insanely weird make-up?) and MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE (I'M NOT OKAY, seriously). WHOA! It was soo freakin' nice! All the screaming, shouting and jumping was a real stress relief. I never thought it would feel soo good. Just going insane and dumb and moronic for a few hours really does make you feel much better. Damn, I gotta do that again. And all along, I thought Tokio Hotel was perfect for me during this "going nuts/crazy" period, but it was a disaster. Songs like "Scream" and "Ready, Set, Go!" totally let me down.... the lyrics were really stupid and did not potray TEEN ANGST that well, what's worse is that they're teens! AARRGGHHH, THE ADULTS CAN DO BETTER (referring to the bands listed on top)! WHAT'S WRONG? I have to congratulate Serj Tankian and his bandmates (or should I say ex-bandmates?) for creating such great music for teenagers to scream out to. Did I mention that they're Armenian? Two words: Armenians ROCK!

No comments: